Centralised and Decentralised Employee Relations Systems
Click here and select any Award and answer the following questions:
- What does the award say about resolving disputes?
- Is there a minimum wage section?
- Is this minimum wage different to another industry’s Award?
- Why is there no maximum wage listed in the Award?
- What kinds of employment arrangements are allowed in this Award?
- What entitlements are employees allowed when made redundant?
Test Your Understanding
- Explain the similarities and differences between a centralised and decentralised employee relations systems (4 marks)
- Define ‘enterprise bargaining’ (1 mark)
- Explain the role an Award plays in a decentralised system (2 marks)
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of a decentralised system (3 marks)
- Discuss why flexibility is important for Australian businesses in today’s market (4 marks)