E&SR in Operations
- Watch the video below on Starbucks and answer the questions that follow.
- Explain how Starbucks implements social responsibility into its organisation
- What are the benefits of implementing these strategies to the farmers?
- What are the benefits to Starbucks?
- Think of 2 possible disadvantages of implementing these strategies.
- Research a service organisation of your choice and explain to the class how it is implementing social responsibility into its operations
Test Your Understanding
- Define ‘Ethics’ (1 mark)
- Define ‘Social Responsibility’ (1 mark)
- Discuss one social responsibility issue for each area in the operations system (inputs, processes and outputs) (6 marks)
- Explain how an organisation you have studied this year has used social responsibility in their materials management (4 marks)
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of managing an organisation’s operations in an ethical and socially responsible manner (4 marks)