Recruitment & Selection
- As a class, select 3-4 jobs that you would like to apply for in the future. Split the class into 2 groups. Group 1 will be 2/3 of the class. Group 1 will split into a group for each job and will become the interviewers. There will be 2-4 students asking questions. Group 2 will be the interviewees and answer questions. Once completed discuss as a class the advantages and disadvantages of interviews. How effective are interviews in determining the best person for the job? I recommend taking 1 period to prepare and 1 period for conducting interviews.
Test Your Understanding
- Explain the difference between recruitment and selection (2 marks)
- What is the relationship between a job specification and selection? (2 marks)
- Explain a selection process an organisation can use to hire the most appropriate employee (5 marks)
- List the advantages and disadvantages of internal and external recruitment (4 marks)
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using a recruitment agency to (4 marks)