Role of HRM under a decentralised approach
Sue Hemmway is the human resource manager at purified water bottling company Ice Water. The current employee agreement is due to expire within the next 4 months. Answer the following questions.
- What does Sue need to make herself aware of before the bargaining period begins?
- What roles does Sue need to take on in this situation?
- Who does Sue represent during the negotiation?
- Sue is planning of bargaining ‘in good faith’. Describe what ‘in good faith’ means and explain why it is important in employee relations.
Test Your Understanding
- Discuss the importance of resolving disputes (4 marks)
- Describe the three roles a human resource manager plays in employee relations (3 marks)
- Explain why training may be required after an agreement has been implemented (2 marks)