Environments as Sources For Change
Read the article on Caltex here and answer the following questions
- What is the internal source for change?
- What is causing Caltex to perform poorly?
- Which environment are these causes from?
- Discuss with a partner what Caltex could change to help turn their performance around.
Test Your Understanding
- Outline how a crisis can be a source for change (2 marks)
- Discuss the possible impact on an organisation that doesn’t research it’s customer trends (4 marks)
- Explain with examples how legal and political factors can be a source for change (3 marks)
- Discuss two possible sources of change from the macro environment. In your answer refer to an organisation you have studied this year (6 marks)