Welcome to Unit 4! It has come around quickly but you have learned a lot. If you have given it your best shot then keep it up. If you have not put your best foot forward then I encourage you to give this unit a real crack and not wonder what could have been. In my experience Unit 4 is where students start to pull away and fall behind. When the going gets tough just remember that there is only 12-14 weeks of actual new content left. So hang in there.
Unit 4 is broken into 2 outcomes. Outcome 1 looks at human resource management. This outcome is quite large and covers quite a few different topics. Outcome 2 goes through change management and its impact on organisations. Lets get to it.
Lecture 1 – Human Resource Management
- Go to seek.com and search for ‘Human Resource Manager’. Look at the responsibilities a human resource manager is. Take note of who they report to and who they are responsible for.
- Complete the following table
|Company Objectives||HR Objectives||HR Strategies|
|Increase sales||Develop sales skills||Ongoing sales training|
|Enhance product quality|
Test Your Understanding
- Define ‘Human resources’ (1 mark)
- Explain the relationship between Human Resource Management and business objectives (3 marks)
- How can human resource strategies help an organisation to achieve its goals? Give an example (2 marks)